top of page
A Women’s Out Reach Development Program
Hello Friends & Neighbors,
The last few years of change has blessed us with the opportunity to refocus on the founding purposes of the W.O.R.D Center ministries.
Taking a look at the needs of our small community, South East Volusia County has suffered in the area of social services, specifically in providing assistance with drug addiction, alcoholism, suicide and other abusive and unforeseen circumstances resulting in homelessness that have resulted in the breakdown of many families in our area.
We are pleased to announce that we have been gifted a residential home and will be using it to re-establish a Women’s Out Reach Development Program with the expectation of building a stronger support system for locals by locals. This home will need to be refurbished and finished in order to best serve the women as a safe place to begin the needed change in the next steps of their lives.
The Women’s Out Reach Development Program will offer a bridge to qualified candidates in gaining authority over the issues they’re dealing with, to having a foundation of support for long lasting solutions resulting in a more fruitful life. Using a strategy based on Guidance, Correction & Protection, this program is designed for those who have survived abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism, abandonment of their family unit as well as other unforeseen life changing circumstances we are faced with today.
In establishing the Program, our goal is to bring restoration to our candidates by utilizing certification courses and group meetings in conjunction with court ordered mandates to facilitate a renewed devotion to her community, reconciliation with families and healing to the individual as a whole.
Our focus is on reclamation of the community in which we live, New Smyrna, Edgewater and Oak Hill.
We are thrilled at the prospect of partnering with you in this much needed endeavor in creating the healthier, happier community that we all deserve. Please know, every effort will be recognized and no amount of support is too small.
Thank you in advance for your support and we look forward to partnering with you.
Founder & Director
W.O.R.D Center Inc. Ministries
P.S. We are an established 501c3 and all contributors will be provided with an itemized receipt for charitable contributions on your taxes. Included below is a list of much needed items & donations. Please contact us directly for information on when, where to drop off donations and any additional information on how to help make this program successful.
* Cash Donations - To be used for on-going monthly expenses
* Bathroom Updates - Vanities, Tile, Fixtures etc
* Bath Linens - Towels, Hand Towels & Wash Cloths
* Kitchen Updates - Cabinet doors, Fixtures, Appliances, Counter Tops, Back splash tile, Etc…
* Kitchen Ware - Silverware, Cutlery, Serving Utensils, Pots, Pans, Bakeware, Kitchen Towels & Pot Holders
* Laundry Appliances - Ideally 2 of each: Washer & Dryer
* Storage Cabinets/Wardrobes
* Storage Racks
* Living Room Furnishings - Sofa, Chairs, Side Tables, Lamps
* Classroom Furnishing - Meeting Table (Double as a Dining Table), Chairs, Notebooks, Pens/Pencils, Computers & Computer Stations,
* Bedrooms are available for Sponsorship as a whole.
* Beds - 10 Twin size Mattresses and Frames.
* Bedding - Sheets, Blankets, Pillows and Bed Spreads
* Privacy Fencing - Safe, private area in backyard of the home
* Garage Floor Epoxy - Also to be used as additional learning/arts/crafts space
* Lumber - Build Bedroom Furniture/Dressers
* Volunteers -
bottom of page